Chairman’s Report 2014
Enniskerry Joint Parishes – Victorian Field Day 2014
The 2014 Field Day was a spectacular success. It kicked off with the very popular Ragman’s Ball on the Friday night, and was followed on the Sunday by the Field Day itself with a record attendance of patrons, exhibitors and stall holders. The man above provided a day of magnificent weather, which contributed significantly to the enjoyment of all concerned.
I am very pleased to report that the accounts have been finalised and that we are in a position to distribute €26,000 this year – €13,000 to the Lakers, our chosen Charity for 2014, and €6,500 each to the Powerscourt and Enniskerry Parishes. In 2013 we distributed €7,500 to the Wicklow Hospice and €3,750 each to the two Parishes. A copy of the Income & Expenditure Account for 2014 can be viewed by clicking on this link.EVFD – Inc-Exp Account 2014
On behalf of the committee as a whole I would like to say a very sincere thank you to the many organisations and individuals named below for their support of and involvement in the Field Day, which helped make the event an unqualified success.
- All our financial Sponsors, in particular our primary Sponsor, Celtic Leasing Ltd
- The Heatley Family for the use of their field and the many hours work they put into preparing for the event and helping ensure everything ran smoothly on the day.
- All those businesses and individuals who contributed cash donations, and donations in kind with equipment, raffle and other prizes.
- Our Committee without whose tireless work the event would never happen
- The members of the various sub-Committees who supported Committee members in their area of responsibility– Ragman’s Ball, Food Village, Arts & Crafts, Health & Safety, Logistics, Field events, Gate & Parking, Raffle
- The many judges and volunteers who helped out on the day and the Transition Year students from St Gerard’s School who helped with the clean up on the Monday
- Enniskerry Boxing Club and the Trial Bikers Club for their very active demonstrations
- All our exhibitors, stall holders and field event providers for their presence and support
- An Garda Siochana for their help and assistance
- St John’s Ambulance personnel for their presence and assistance
- The Lakers volunteers for their help with the Raffle and their singing in the Music Tent
- The Musicians and Dancers in the Music Tent
- East Coast Radio for their support with pre-event publicity and on-field presence on Sunday
- The hardy gentlemen stoking and manning the venerable steam machines
- All those who brought along their Vintage Cars and Tractors
- The participants in the many field events and competitions
- Michael Keegan for restoring and displaying his grandfather’s Deutz 40 World Ploughing Championship winning tractor from 1964
- Our MC’s, including Philip Boucher-Hayes, David Miller and Michelle Kavanagh.
- Those who contributed to the ambience of the day by dressing up in Victorian Costumes
Last, but not least, on behalf of the Lakers and the Joint Parishes, I would like to express a huge thank you to all those who contributed so generously by participating in the Ragman’s Ball on Friday and attending the Field Day on Sunday. We trust you had a most enjoyable time and that you will be happy to spread the word to your friends to ensure similar support for the event again in 2015.
Frank Walsh, Chairman
Enniskerry Joint Parishes – Victorian Field Day Committee